Lymphatic Massage Alpharetta Georgia
Lymphatic massage, also known as manual lymphatic drainage (MLD), is an extremely specialized and gentle massage technique. It is used to increase lymph flow and encourage the natural drainage of the lymph from the body tissues. Lymphatic therapy is a very safe and highly effective treatment useful for many conditions where lymph flow may be compromised, such as lymphedema, swollen limbs caused by a variety of different factors.
Your lymphatic system relies on intrinsic contractions of the cells that line the walls of the lymph vessels, as well as the contraction and movement of skeletal muscles, to propel lymph fluid through the vessels and to the lymph nodes. From these nodes the lymph then travels to the lymph ducts, which return the lymph to the cardiovascular system. Manual lymph drainage uses a small amount of pressure and precise, rhythmic movements to stimulate this lymph flow. Specific exercises may also be prescribed by your lymphatic therapist, breathing techniques, and compression garments or self-bandaging techniques to further promote lymph drainage after therapy and between treatments.
The benefits of lymphatic therapy are many:
- Removal of metabolic wastes, excess water, toxins, bacteria, large protein molecules and foreign substances from the tissues.
- Through its gentle rhythmical and precise hand movements, lymphatic therapy works to alleviate pain by greatly reducing then pain signals sent to the brain.
- Relaxation of the sympathetic nervous system, thus helping to relieve stress.
- Supports and enhances the immune system
- Promotes healing from injuries, surgical trauma, chronic conditions, and edema
- Minimizes scar formation.
To Schedule an appointment with one of our
Professional Massage Therapist Call: